Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Truth About The Drug Companies: Blog 5 (end of book)

              After reading this book I am sad to see how even American’s health can be blatantly put at risk by big companies just so that they can make more money. The even worse part about everything is how people are unable to question things for themselves. The worse part of my book was when they compared the real drugs to placebos. Over 80% of the time the placebos worked just as effectively as the drug (this number was comparing Zoloft an anti-depressant). It just makes me want to shake people and say “just take an Advil and tell yourself it’s an anti-depressant, it will work all the same!”. People today need to question things more and stop believing everything that people tell them. If there is one thing we have learned about human nature is that humans can be greedy, very greedy no matter what degree they have. If a drug company is going to give you a fat check just to tell people “here take this you will feel better” most people will take the check. Yes, there is always a possibility that people might sue but these companies have so much money and so many lawyers on hand that at the end of the trial they are still walking away with a big old smile on their faces. I also got the impression that American’s will buy anything if it is advertised right, and apparently they can get any disease if it’s advertised right too.

I believe that the totally no body rapper Lazy Boy said it the best…..

You know we have more prescription drugs now.
Every commercial that comes on TV is a prescription drug ad.
I can't watch TV for four minutes without thinking I have five serious diseases.
Like: "Do you ever wake up tired in the morning?"
Oh my god I have this, write this down. Whatever it is, I have it.
Half the time I don't even know what the commercial is:
people running in fields or flying kites or swimming in the ocean.
I'm like that is the greatest disease ever. How do you get that?
That disease comes with a hot chick and a puppy


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJeNok-lTEw 


No comments:

Post a Comment